Saturday, August 25, 2007

Tony Cuerva's Mango Torte

When I shared my frozen brazo find to my new project teammates, one of them gave me the URL for his favorite dessert- Tony Cuerva’s Mango Torte. I was able to try it until recently and boy, did I regret not having tried it earlier.

Mangoes are very easy to love. Be it the indian mangoes eaten with shrimp paste, the sweet pickled mangoes I’d like to try in salads, the green mangoes for shakes, the sour ripe mangoes for salsa and the simple ripe sweet mangoes eaten in halves or with its skin peeled off, yuummmmeeeee. Suddenly, I’m craving for mangoes, any kind would do. (Hmm, would the street vendors with mangoes be available at this hour? I’d better go to sleep and just dream about it soon after this post.)

Okay, back to mango torte. Needless to say, I love it. If not for two friends I wanted to share it with (one for my friend who gave me the info and another who accompanied me to the shop), Hubs and I would’ve eaten it all. The mangoes were perfect, the cream balances off the sweetness and the crust reminds me of sansrival. I really don’t do justice on my description. Why don't try it yourself? You know you want to. =)

The link : http://wysgal.blogspot.com/2006/07/tony-cuervas-mango-torte.html




2 comments:

Mrs. Sweet Tooth said...

why? why? why?

this is torture! :p

joyps said...

hahaha. I promise you a 13 inch mango torte all for yourself if you come back and visit. ;)